If you supply products or services to industry your job is not easy.
There are many difficulties, but let’s focus on what are probably your three major target markets and challenges at the moment:
Getting Known by OEMs and by the Consumers
It is a difficult and a costly process. In fact it is better described as a long slow process. You have to be continually attentive to trade shows, changes in market needs, changes in management at the OEMs and then you have to strut your stuff.
Finding Good, Reliable Suppliers
And always having an alternate source and all those “just in time” things, and…
Growing a Strong Distribution Network
The Best Approach
Each of the three needs to be wooed in a different way and it gets more complicated of course because you need to focus on the region(s) you want to target…..and you do not want to be derailed by unwanted, un-needed enquiries from people outside your focus area.
There is a time for formal announcements with text description, photos, branding logos, contact details and there is a time for graphics (banners etc).
And there is a time for attending trade shows. They are costly and the time between start and end goes very quickly, so you need to do some early promotions to make sure that the right people come and see you.
There is also a time for short sharp blunt strong comment, something like;
“We have a package of 2,000 dormant spare parts for Cat machines; click here for listing; contact me at….”
“We have great machines / solutions and need top class dealers in Argentina and Slovakia; contact me….”
Some advertising products suit different purposes and different target markets. Advertising and marketing needs to be orchestrated and within a budget.
Planning Ideas to Shorten the Lead Time to Reach These Objectives
- The Forkliftaction News is distributed directly by email to +68,000 self-subscribing readers every Thursday. We estimate that it is also disseminated by intranets and search engines to another 140,000 persons each week.
- 27,000 people search the Forkliftaction.com website each day. You can be sure that many enquiries are being made every day by people needing your solutions. They will find your company or your competitor’s company. To increase your “luck” a Shopfront in the Forkliftaction Business Directory contains an overview of your unique capabilities, photos and contact details and keyword search engine links that give you 24/7 exposure to all of those enquiries.
Forkliftaction News and Website Allow You to Reach Into New Markets Regionally and Globally – I Can Help;
Pass Your News to the Editors
Advise on Appropriate Information Campaigns
Participation in Editorial Feature Reviews
Manage Your Promotions and Campaign
- Shopfronts are cheap and I can help getting yours designed attractively. The design is at no cost and designs can be updated and changed regularly, again at no cost.
- Media Releases are quite powerful but they do take some effort on your behalf to create….repetition is good.
- Banners (horizontal) and Skyscraper Banners (vertical) are very powerful for promoting your brand & products. They are not expensive to make and can be used time and again….repetition and different designs are good. They are easy to manage and take no effort from you after design approval.
- Banners and Media Releases reduce in price when purchased in multiples. You decide the budget and frequency of use.
- Text Ads are extremely powerful to attract New Alliances, distributors, selling unique items, tools, dormant stock and spares packages or your company.
More Good Hints for Product & Service Providers – See These Recent Posts
It always seems to me that things published in 3rd party arenas have a power that is hard to equal in-house. Managing change or even just keeping harmony within the workplace or community grows more difficult with the proliferation of desk top and hand held means...read more
How do you measure success when you send your message out to the world? Here are some thoughts from my guest contributor, Ann Hofmans; Far too often online advertisements and channels are judged merely on their performance in clicks. Clicks however reveal only part of...read more